Customer Service & Provisioning
EONI offers Internet access, voice services and specialized networking services related to Internet and voice services.
EONI customer service representatives (CSR) are the first contact for customers in need of assistance and handle inquiries for service and service changes. They also direct customer inquiries to other EONI personnel for other actions. Customers contact EONI via several means, including telephone, text, email and in person via office walk-in.
Provisioning is a broad term that includes taking customer orders and starting the process for delivery of services by using a number of computer and Internet based applications to enter those requests. Interaction with other companies and providers is required in many cases to fulfill these orders.
Customer service representatives also take customer payments and assist customers with account inquiries. The CSR will also assist with EONI bookkeeping activities as directed.
In addition to the above, activities and requirements for EONI customer service representatives include:
- Interact and coordinate with other EONI staff to fulfill customer requests in an accurate, comprehensive and timely manner.
- Documenting all work and customer encounters in the EONI ticket tool during and/or immediately following customer contacts and doing so in a detailed fashion.
- Becoming intensely familiar with EONI products and services, including knowledge of EONI marketing materials, the EONI web site, and other related information.
- Proficiency in use of multi-line telephone systems.
- Being capable of learning many new tasks; be excellent at interacting with other people; be reliable; and be very detail oriented.
- Other duties as assigned.
CSRs must be able to type at least forty (40) words per minute. There are detailed procedures and confidentiality requirements that are mandatory. There is a dress code for all employees.
Additional Criteria for Success at EONI
- Always do the right thing.
- Be confident yet humble.
- Have a helpful, can do, and positive customer focus with an ability to maintain relationships and resolve customer conflicts.
- Excel at communication, both oral and written.
- Be detail oriented; follow established policies and procedures.
- Have a good attitude, love technology, enjoy serving customers, and work independently just as well as working with a team.
Positions available: EONI is seeking applicants for part time (0.5 FTE, up to 20 hours per week) and full time (40 hours per week) positions.
Role Classification: Non-exempt. EONI is an “At Will” employer.
Starting Wage: TBD. Annual goals, incentives and wage changes will be established during the 90 day review.
Hours: Normal EONI customer service hours are from 8:30AM to 5:30PM, Monday through Friday. There is a one hour lunch break and two 10 minute breaks (one before and one after lunch). Some flexibility with the schedule is required as there are some required meetings beginning at 8:00AM. Occasionally some work may require overtime outside of normal business hours.
Direct Supervisor: Barbara Kellar
To apply, please prepare a handwritten cover letter to accompany your resume, and then mail or deliver to:
Dr. Kelly Mutch
Eastern Oregon Net, Inc.
216 Chestnut St
La Grande, OR 97850