EONI offers Internet access, voice services and specialized networking services related to Internet and voice services.
EONI Technical Support assist our customers using EONI services. Most of the work performed is telephone based, but customer interactions can be in person, via email, via text, etc. Technical support is provided for: broadband Internet access, provided by DSL, wireless and fiber services; email service; hosting services; and voice services (telecommunications). Depending on experience and knowledge, EONI Technical Support staff provide internal support services that affect staff functions and network operations. Activities performed by Technical Support include:
- Evaluating, troubleshooting and repairing EONI services.
- Evaluating, troubleshooting and assisting customers with issues with devices or services related to their EONI services, such as their networking issues; email configuration; adding devices to their network (a new computer, a new telephone, setting up access to video streaming, and so forth).
- Creating or modifying customer accounts to reflect new services or changes to their accounts.
- Coordinating with customers, EONI field technical staff and EONI customer service staff as necessary.
- Documenting all work and customer encounters in the EONI ticket tool during and/or immediately following customer contacts and doing so in a detailed fashion.
- Network documentation as necessary.
- EONI network operations troubleshooting and repair as directed by senior EONI staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
EONI Technical Support staff are expected to possess or develop familiarity with and knowledge of common Internet access issues; email clients, configuration and troubleshooting; equipment and technology used in customer networks, both wired and wireless; domains and hosting issues; and common telecommunications & voice related issues. EONI Technical Support personnel need technical expertise with common operating systems (preferably both Apple and Microsoft); Microsoft Office applications; and antivirus, malware and spyware software. EONI Technical Support staff will have or acquire knowledge of remote desktop technologies; data backup; TCP/IP; DHCP; DNS; and VoIP. There will be both a learning curve and a scaling up period associated with some of these responsibilities and tasks, and pertinent EONI staff will work together to provide adequate opportunity for training and skills development.
Additional Criteria for Success at EONI
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have a helpful, can do, and positive customer focus with an ability to maintain relationships and resolve customer conflicts.
- Be confident yet humble, and always do the right thing.
- Be detail oriented; follow established policies and procedures.
- Have a great attitude, love technology, enjoy serving customers, and work independently just as well as working as part of a team.
Positions available: EONI is seeking applicants for full time (40 hours per week) positions.
Role Classification: Non-exempt. EONI is an “At Will” employer.
Starting Wage: determined by qualifications.
Hours: EONI Technical Support is available from 7:00AM to 8:00PM Monday through Friday and from noon to 8:00PM Saturday. Weekend shifts should be expected. EONI Technical Support staff are assigned 9 hour shifts with 1 hour for lunch and two 10 minute breaks. Flexibility with schedule is required as this job will periodically require work outside of normal business hours.
Direct Supervisor: Jeff Crews
How to apply:
1) prepare a handwritten cover letter written by your own hand to accompany your resume, tell us your story, tell us which job you are applying for and what you learned from reading the job description
2) include a list of at least three references
3) mail or deliver to:
Eastern Oregon Net, Inc.
216 Chestnut St
La Grande, OR 97850
or email to email@example.com