EONI Broadband Construction Worker
The primary duties involve work related to the installation of fiber-optic cable in mostly aerial and also some underground construction, as well as service drops to customer locations. This position will assist the job supervisor and other crew members in job completion. On-the-job training is provided, and this position will have opportunities to grow and advance their skills and responsibilities.
The EONI Broadband Construction Worker position includes, but is not limited to, the following activities and responsibilities:
- Setup, preparation and cleanup of construction sites.
- Following all safety procedures.
- Learn all aspects of the crew job responsibilities and assist the crew as assigned.
- Develop an understanding of aerial and buried utilities.
- Assisting in preparing readiness and deployment of aerial fiber-optic cable, conduit, in-ground enclosures, etc.
- Operating aerial lashers and other related equipment.
- Installation of EONI services at the customer location, which includes determining the best location for cable drops to the customer premise; running cabling in an efficient and aesthetically acceptable method; connecting EONI services to the customer equipment; coordinating with EONI personnel regarding billing, dispatch and provisioning; documentation of work as described below.
- Cable splicing, termination and testing.
- Coordinating with customers and with EONI dispatch as necessary.
- Bucket truck, cable trailer and other vehicle/trailer use, maintenance and training.
- Documenting all work and customer encounters in the EONI ticket tool on the same day as service and in a detailed fashion.
- Network documentation as necessary.
- Working on ladders, towers, elevated structures in a safe and efficient manner.
- Installation of equipment and services related to EONI services: this includes but is not limited to broadband routers, switches, inside cabling/wiring.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Criteria for Success at EONI
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have the desire to evolve, innovate and quickly learn new technologies.
- Desire to be part of the EONI team and develop lasting relationships in our community.
- Have a helpful, can do, and positive customer focus with an ability to maintain relationships and resolve customer conflicts.
- Be confident yet humble, and ALWAYS do the right thing.
- Detail oriented; follow established policies and procedures.
- Be highly organized and able to self-manage.
- Focus on quality and safety.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- This is an outdoor work position. Work is performed in all environments, which includes inclement weather such as wet, cold, snow, hot, windy and humid conditions.
- Work involves digging/shoveling, raking, standing, walking, climbing, crawling, lifting, kneeling, balancing, driving, talking, hearing; using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reaching with arms and hands; occasional use of sense of smell is necessary. Working in attics and crawl spaces is part of the job.
- Specific vision abilities for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Skill in operation of tools and equipment pertinent to the job duties; ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time.
- This position must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally do the same up to 100 pounds. Must be able to lift heavy equipment and supplies from work vehicles and handle the equipment in a safe manner.
- This position frequently works near moving mechanical parts, and periodically is exposed to a high noise and vibration environment.
- This position often works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, biting or stinging insects, other animal encounters, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
Safety: all employees are expected to follow all company and regulatory safety rules,
regulations and standards.
Driver’s License Requirement: Must possess or obtain, and maintain, an Oregon Driver’s License and maintain a clean driving record. Must be eligible for and may be required to obtain an Oregon Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Role Classification: Non-exempt, Full-time. EONI is an “At Will” employer.
Starting Wage: TBD. Annual goals, incentives and wage changes will be established during the 90 day review.
Start Date: as soon as possible.
Hours: Normal hours are 8:00AM to 5:00PM Monday through Friday. One hour lunch.
Flexibility with schedule is required as this job will involve overtime and require work outside of normal business hours, including weekends. Occasional shifts of up to 12 hours are necessary for some projects.
To apply, please follow these instructions: 1) prepare a handwritten cover letter to accompany your resume; 2) include a list of at least three references; 3) mail or deliver to:
Dr. Kelly Mutch
Eastern Oregon Net, Inc.
216 Chestnut St
La Grande, OR 97850